View Single Post
      04-03-2024, 12:16 PM   #45
dfox
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E88 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
No paradigm shift is needed: Verstappen and his car need no penalty - it's up to the competing teams to build better performing cars and to let these race by the best skilled drivers.

Usain Bolt used to dominate his sport. Imagine that he would have been forced to carry a weight penalty during races "because he dominates the sport". OK, Bolt ran his track and field races all by himself, but you get the message.
Totally agree with no penalties for better performing teams... it just is what it is, other teams need to improve.

Not sure I agree with the Usain Bolt comparison though, his performance is pure human ability. Some sports have weight/size categories to keep things even, but not the Olympics. Red Bull's dominance is mechanical performance (and one insane driver). Other motorsports use identical mechanical setups to highlight driver skill. F1 doesn't, and that's precisely why there should be no penalties for high-performing teams.

I'm with Andrew2 though, I have zero allegiance to any team. Honesty, I find myself with more allegiance to specific drivers over top of teams.

Last edited by dfox; 04-03-2024 at 01:47 PM..
Appreciate 1
GuidoK11060.50