Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Question 1:
How the hell do I know? LOL It was his stoner premise, not mine. If Michael is anything like me, he'd say touch the fixtures to turn on the water and get soap to wash your hands, but use the towel you dry them with to open the bathroom door, tossing the towel once it's open or holding it until you pass a wastebasket.

Question 2:
We smoked all sorts of stuff but it was all good. Some had names, but most of what we could get was called Acapulco gold or Humbolt gold, or "stink weed." Stink weed by far had the best flavor, and effect. (They were probably the same thing, but who knows???) The two "golds" came in varying shades of green/brownish green and typically had little reddish/brownish bits running through it. Stink weed was bright green and sticky, and you didn't drive around with it because it was pungent well before you started to smoke it. Occasionally we'd come across something called "dirt weed" that was just all brown and tasted somewhat bitter.

All the weed we got was good. The golds gave a righteously powerful buzz and was good to do at parties, parties, picnics, tailgates and steeplechases. Stink weed was just ridiculously potent. First you were really high in a goofy, giddy way. Then you were asleep. There wasn't much in between. Dirt weed gave a good buzz too, but much milder in overall intensity. It was good for late, weeknight BS-ing with your close friends and resulted in a lot of eating and silly and/or reflective conversations such as the one I mentioned above. It was also good at other times if you had nothing else.

Regardless of the type, you would buy a full sandwich bag of it for $30-$50, and it would last you and all your friends about a week. We smoked pipes and joints at parties and used a bong if just one or two friends chillin'. Pretty much all weed was good back in the '70s and '80s. I'm glad I don't toke any more now than once or twice a year, if that; weed is far too expensive these days.

Don't get me wrong, I like the feeling, but my interest in smoking it just waned for no reason in particular. I just realized one day that I'd not smoked a bowl for what had been six or more months. I suspect the same thing happened with my long term friends for they rarely ever ever even suggest taking a toke. Now, if those friends are around at a party during the holidays, a class reunion, or some other suitable occasion, and someone suggests it, I'll get high with them as long as I'm free to sleep in the next morning. That happens once or twice every 12-18 months.

Legally speaking, I think weed should should be legal the same way it is in Holland. It's clearly not addictive. I've never seen or heard of a stoned person driving their car too fast and losing control. I've never known of a stoned person who caused anything like the harm that results from driving on alcohol. Stoned people also don't generally start or join bar fights.

Lastly, I think backroom politics, probably not business, would be better conducted over a doobie than over a cocktail. Indeed, it's crossed my mind that one way to end terrorism is for the parties involved to sit down with some Doritos, Cheetos, pizza and beer and smoke a bowl or two. I think it would work, quite frankly. I can think of several times when I found myself getting high with someone whom I really didn't like (other mutual friends were also there, of course), but after getting high together, though I wouldn't say we became tight, we had each moved from " f*ck that mother-F !! " to so and so "can be an ass sometimes, but s/he isn't so bad once you get to know him/her."

All the best.
This is by far the best novel I have ever read

Agreed my good sir! And yea these days it is expensive. But I guess that's supply/demand for ya...a quarter is like 100-120 now depending on how good it is
Appreciate 0