View Single Post
      07-07-2013, 08:01 PM   #2039
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

I saw that video this morning too. I think there will be a lot of conspiracy theories and the journalists are doing a good job of explaining what actually happened. Full credit goes to CW, he did what he needed to do. As a huge AS fan, it was hard to see him lose like that. I think this was a legitimate loss.

I know styles makes fight and the taunting is part of AS's style. He's successfully used it before against a few different fighters and had he put CW away everyone would be saying he was 100% the GOAT.

I think having the hands by the side has huge advantages and disadvantages. The advantages are that he has his hands low to put him in a better position to avoid the takedown and it also encourages the fighter to engage in a standup fight, which is what AS wants. He also has unbelievable head movement. Up until the finish, his style was working and AS was taking control of the fight. The biggest disadvantage is the huge risk of exposing yourself to getting clipped or tagged cleanly. Plus I think this is the first time we've seen AS fight someone with a slightly longer reach than him.

I don't think the fight was fixed, maybe his mind wasn't in it like it should have been. I do think he was trying to win though but this time he came up short against someone that trained really well against AS's style. I hope this isn't the last time we see AS and I hope he comes back to dominate.
Appreciate 0