11-24-2014, 09:51 AM   #93
tallshortguy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfinwolfsclothing View Post
Not at all.

The i8 is hideous IMO. And its one of the most overpriced, underperforming cars out there. Maybe its just the fact that the 918 and P1 are getting all the headlines that the i8 is being overhadowed.
Sorry but the 918 is the leading car for what future tech will be. There isnt a single car more advance nor a better integration and calibration of technology.
And, again, when the 911 hybrid comes out, it will define what a performance hybrid is.

The 911 is iconic, and 50 plus years later is still the single, absolute benchmark everyone wants to be and tries to compete with. The i8 (or anything BMW for that matter) is not, and will never be either of those things...nor does it compete and wont stand a chance against the 911 hybrid.
The i8 has received as much attention as the P1 and definitely more than the 918. The 918 is the least talked about of the big 3 hybrid hypercars. Didn't the P1 just beat the 918 in the evo track battle? The P1 definitely seems like the benchmark performance hybrid as far as I've read in comparos.

The 918 is the least distinctive and bland of the 3 design wise at all, I'm not sold on the laferrari look but at least it has a distinctive look and design. Looks are a big part of getting attention and that's part of why the 918 gets the least attention of the 3.

Please find me a hybrid sports car that makes the i8 look overpriced or under performing. You simply throw out claims of a nonexistent 911 hybrid as some sort of catch all point without actually forming a factual base for your claims against the i8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The long haul View Post
Pointless comparison. Looks are subjective and performance isn't. What he said was spot on...
What performance comparison? The original poster he quoted didn't say the i8 was a track performance rival to the 911, he was referring to the possible M car. In fact, no one here has made the comparison because no one is idiotic enough to think a car that comes with fuel efficient skinny tires standard was designed to compete with the 911 on the track (well except for the porsche fan perhaps).

If you want a performance comparison then go ahead and post another hybrid sports car that it competes with that doesn't cost over $1mil. Apparently we can't discuss the possibility of an M super car without people trying to put it down before it exists.

Last edited by tallshortguy; 11-24-2014 at 10:03 AM..
Appreciate 0