View Single Post
      11-24-2014, 10:25 AM   #96
Wolfinwolfsclothing
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 ///M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungDro View Post
No it wasnt hes just a porsche fanboy. since when does a 911 compete with a i8? it doesn't. if there was a hybrid 911 with similar performance of the i8 then it would compete with that.. the M4 destorys a 911 carrera on track anyway. I dont know why people think porsches are the Ultimate track cars. even the ferrari 458 speciale is faster than a gt3 on track.. the new AMG GT will probably destory many 911s too.
An M4 beats the base 911? Really?

The M4 gets DEMOLISHED by a 350 hp 3300 lbs BASE 911. 1.4 seconds on a sub 1:20 lap. LOL. In the comparo C&D did, the base 911 in all the fun to drive and objective performance stuff, the base 991 embarassed it. It has lost every comparo to a 991S as well.

The m3/4 arent even in the same league as a 991S despite nearly 100 more hp/tq. Its faster than the base 991 (duh its got at least 100 more hp based on dynos), but the 991 is still a FAR, FAR better driver's car.

The 458 speciale is an equal to a GT3. The GT3 just won performance car of the year over the speciale. The GT3 also 125 less hp yet is neck and neck with it on the track. And the GT3 really is more like the 458 (which it destroys), the GT3 RS is akin to a speciale yet the REGULAR GT3 is at the very least an equal car. The RS will beat the speciale with ease. And itll do it with much less hp, and for half the cost.

The AMG will not touch them. You obviously have no clue from this post what youre talking about with regards to performance.

Why did the m4/i8 do so poorly at best driver's car? Why did they do so poorly in best performance car? Why have they both lost virutally every comparo to a Porsche product? The M4 just got beat by a Cayman S too.

You do realize when Porsche has competed with Ferrari and BMW in ALMS, Porsche owned them. They are far more decorated in that series, which the cars are closest to what you get as street cars (vs F1). Porsche won I believe 10 of the 15 seasons ALMS GT/GT2 existed. They are so good they make the Yankees look inconsistent. As far as racing, BMW, Ferrari and Merc combined havent been as successful as Porsche. They are the ultimate and pinnacle of track/street cars, bar none.

Last edited by Wolfinwolfsclothing; 11-24-2014 at 10:36 AM..
Appreciate 0