View Single Post
      11-24-2014, 11:22 AM   #98
tallshortguy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfinwolfsclothing View Post
LaF looks awful, the P1 is second to the 918. i8 looks terrible to say the least.
I know the i8 isnt a 911 competitor, but the comparos have pegged them in which the i8 hasnt proved a thing. Did I ever say it wasnt a good car? Its an ok car, but again overshadowed by the real performance hybrids.
Other than tesla not really anyhting else out there in the price range and we all know the tesla is much faster.
Looks wise it's actually quite clear the 918 is the least distinctive and imaginative of the 3, the i8 has garnered critical acclaim for it's concept esque looks. You can try to alter the general consensus as much as you'd like with you fact devoid porsche fanisms but it just won't happen. Like I said, look at google search statistics, etc. You keep claiming the 918 has received all this attention when the opposite is true even when compared to a car 1/10 it's price. You're certainly entitled to your opinion however.

In what way is it overshadowed by other performance hybrids? The fact that it is receiving so much attention is being overshadowed? If you're talking about performance then you've clearly lost any sense of reason since those cars all cost well over $1mil.

Also, tesla doesn't make a sports car nor do they make a hybrid. The fact there is nothing out there at the price range is exactly the whole point that you seem to not understand.

Quote:

You do realize when Porsche has competed with Ferrari and BMW in ALMS, Porsche owned them. They are far more decorated in that series, which the cars are closest to what you get as street cars (vs F1). Porsche won I believe 10 of the 15 seasons ALMS GT/GT2 existed. They are so good they make the Yankees look inconsistent. As far as racing, BMW, Ferrari and Merc combined havent been as successful as Porsche. They are the ultimate and pinnacle of track/street cars, bar none.
You've given your motorsport schpiel already in a previous thread so you want my entire posted response to it back then let me know and I'm sure I can dig it up. I'll just leave with this gem, in several of the 9 seasons Porsche won the man. title, they consisted of the vast majority of the field. For example, in 2004 9 of the 11 cars in the GT class were porsches, so if you think that's something to brag about then have at it.

Quote:
An M4 beats the base 911? Really?
Why did the m4/i8 do so poorly at best driver's car? Why did they do so poorly in best performance car? Why have they both lost virutally every comparo to a Porsche product? The M4 just got beat by a Cayman S too.
lol you mean the the cayman S that finished the exact same place in 2013 best driver's car as the M4 finished in 2014 and 1.6s slower? I guess the cayman s did really poorly according to your standards. The 4S that year was .5s faster, truly dominating

Last edited by tallshortguy; 11-24-2014 at 12:02 PM..
Appreciate 0