04-14-2024, 09:40 AM   #57
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimiraikkonen View Post
Helmsman. Picking up on an older thread on EDC settings (Comfort/Normal/Sport) showing up different in ISTA. Where are you tapping into on the EDC voltage measurements you are doing in your videos?

I want to replicate to verify that at least I'm getting a voltage difference between settings.

To recap for others, when I test my EDC in ISTA (and even other scan tools), I see the following:
  • Comfort Setting --> shows up as "Comfort" in ISTA
  • Normal Setting --> shows up as "Sport" in ISTA
  • Sport Setting --> shows up as "Comfort" in ISTA

Thx!
Hey man, I connect an amp meter on one of the shocks connectors (i.e. unplug and hook up s meter in between). Long wires into the right windor, done. Back when I did plug into all four shocks where the rear ones obviously are more tricky to access.
I did a new measure the other week, the fact that Protool and apparently ISTA doesn't show a difference is some other error but it doesn't affect that actual setting/current change.

Let me know if more questions comes up!

Edit: earlier thread with some further details:
https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1646115
Cheers

Ps. Finally with new battery in place I plan to reach out to Bimmergeeks to get them to implement the EDC adaptation reset, which curently isn't there but Bimmers confirm the function is available. They need a car to add the feature so I'll plan to volonteer remotely. (tad strange that they don't have a chunk of mates/cars closer around in order to develop their product).

Last edited by Helmsman; 04-15-2024 at 07:12 AM..
Appreciate 0