View Single Post
      12-18-2014, 11:45 AM   #9
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

So you still have your job now that's great. It is a job that sounds like you enjoy which is a blessing and quite rare if you ask me.

I'm sorry you didn't get the positions for which you interviewed, its not fun hearing the rejection after the hope. But try to look at it positively, honestly and constructively. Use it as a learning experience....What was the certification or the skill they said you lacked? Is there experience with a specific program or platform that they wanted? Is that a role (money aside) that you'd truly like to be in? Yes? Ok then ask yourself what you can do to obtain those skills, experiences, certs. Does your company offer them as part of a career-development program? Do they offer reimbursements for outside courses that pertain to your scope of work?

Essentially what I'm trying to say is you know where you are now career-wise and you like and do well there so you have the foundation and the time. Great! Identify where you want to go from here and develop a plan and the steps to get there. Make a career-development plan for yourself.
Appreciate 0