View Single Post
      12-21-2014, 10:24 PM   #9
wrecklessfool
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEllis View Post
What tool did you use to swap out the bushings?
Do a search for the OP's started threads. He just did a DIY write-up a week or so ago. He used a variety of tools/parts to complete the job and ultimately bought a 12-ton press from Harbor Freight to complete the subframe bushing install. I just did this myself over the past few days WITHOUT a press or the proper tools and it was a major bitch. A huge undertaking without the proper tools. I made all kinds of crazy contraptions; a different method for each of the bushings. Just tried stuff until I came to a solution. Removal was by far the hardest part. Install was a bit easier because I used my lessons learned from the removal to facilitate the install. I tried to use a press but could not get the ears of the subframe to seat in a position I was comfortable with. Haven't had a chance to drive the car yet as I still need to bleed the brakes. My recommendation would be to rent the tool from HP Autosport for $60. I would have if there was not a wait for it. The differential bushings will still require a little ingenuity as I believe the HPA tool will not work for them. Feel free to PM me your number and I can give you some advice for a DIY install.
Appreciate 0