10-07-2013, 10:54 PM   #13
Endless619
DHS
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmidHariri View Post
Whats the forums take on intermittent fasting? I've been hearing alot about it lately and I seems like an unattractive idea to me. The fact that i can't eat until a certain window period during the day. This is especially awful to me because I'm now a college student and I need some kind of meal early in the day to keep me going.

Currently im 18, 5'8, 170lb. Im a pretty muscular guy and i think im at about 14% body fat. I really want to bring that down to about 10 to where i believe i have a nice set of visible abs showing.

I would also like to mention that I do go to the gym alot and do weight lifting. I avoid cardio because I just hate it. I don't think its healthy to run until my body hurts. I sometimes do some workouts with little to no break inbetween to keep my heart rate up and keep me sweating. Which in turn is like a muscle building cardio. And I jump rope for a minute in between sets to keep my heart rate high and keep my body heat up.

So i would like to know what your take on IF'ing. And if you recommend I try it at my physical standpoint. And your stories with it.

*Id like to note that i want to gain muscle weight and lose fat weight.
Cardio is the best. Maybe do a bike or even swim laps.

Also, just an FYI that most Centurions (folks that live over 100 years of age) eat one meal a day and keep their calories low. This is known.

Although all medical doctors say that breakfast is the best meal of the day and to not skip it is correct for most folks, but not all folks.

I haven't eaten breakfast in 20+ years and i currently eat one meal a day. I also work in the medical field so know all about what doctors are taught to tell patients.

If you must eat something in the morning, have some fruit. Then eat a late lunch and avoid eating after 7pm. Then throw in a 60 minute cardio session at full speed. Done and done. Did it for 10 years straight and it was the best for me. Everyone is different though.

When I was on the swim team I ate 1.5 meals a day.
Appreciate 0