CW2
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1SMC - traded away

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [7.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajan Loch View Post
OMG. Are you serious? You mean like in the 50's?

There is a reason a t-shirt retails for $5 at Wal-mart, if it was made in the USA it would cost $25. Things are made in China because American workers would not work for those same wages. It is like this all over the world, not just in America. It is a global economy, it can never go back to the way it was.
I think this just boils down to unrealistic expectations.

The UAW and the Big 3 created a "middle class", and look at the results. No big surprise there. Public expectation, worldwide, is "I deserve free health care, a free lunch, a widescreen TV with endless HD, a new car every 2 years or so, and free education". So who's paying for it? The unions simply pushed the Big 3 around, and when the house of cards fell, they all gave sob stories. If you want a luxury lifestyle, you have to work for it. I have no sympathy for the people who think they can extort a corporation for no net change in skillset or work capacity.

I worked as a machinist for a while before I embarked on college and higher education. Nobody gave me any of that for free. My education is my second mortgage, and I make what I make because it took me 14 years to get there, and I still work weekends and call hours. If you want to advance, you have to work for it.

This post makes me want to vomit. I'm so tired of the Age of Entitlement we live in.

Good job, BMW. Who is John Galt, anyway...