antennahead
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MR silver grey

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by T1T2GRE View Post
I think this just boils down to unrealistic expectations.

The UAW and the Big 3 created a "middle class", and look at the results. No big surprise there. Public expectation, worldwide, is "I deserve free health care, a free lunch, a widescreen TV with endless HD, a new car every 2 years or so, and free education". So who's paying for it? The unions simply pushed the Big 3 around, and when the house of cards fell, they all gave sob stories. If you want a luxury lifestyle, you have to work for it. I have no sympathy for the people who think they can extort a corporation for no net change in skillset or work capacity.

I worked as a machinist for a while before I embarked on college and higher education. Nobody gave me any of that for free. My education is my second mortgage, and I make what I make because it took me 14 years to get there, and I still work weekends and call hours. If you want to advance, you have to work for it.

This post makes me want to vomit. I'm so tired of the Age of Entitlement we live in.

Good job, BMW. Who is John Galt, anyway...

"I'm so tired of the Age of Entitlement we live in" AMEN
I followed a similar path, worked my butt off to help put my way through college, started at the bottom in my profession and worked hard to get to where I am today. It is so true, this "artificial" middle class you speak of ........... and now they think it is their "right" to these luxuries, and that's what they are, luxuries ..................... but in their mind they are just commodities they are entitled to

John
Appreciate 0