Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
The realization that Porsches going forward are neutered, watered-down versions of their old self which merely provide daily transport for surgeons and mid-level lawyers who were never really into cars. The more new models they come out with, the more attractive the classic 911s get.

There absolutely is a bubble in the used Porsche market right now and like all bubbles, they will eventually burst. As much as I despise current Porsches, a clean 993 or older Porsche is simply a stunning sight and they are commanding a much higher price than a year ago (I'd say it has more than doubled). And if you think that's insane...check market value on a 997.2 GT3 RS 4.0. Keep in mind they were $190K new.
totally agreed about the bubble. even mediocre 911s are selling for markely increased prices from 1-2 years ago. I think the prices will come down in a year or two back down to more normal levels.

this is largely in part to the idea that the 911, as you mentioned, has become WAY too refined now and people are going back to the prior models. The same can be seen for BMWs i think----where the new cars are more techie and less direct than their prior counterparts.
Appreciate 0