View Single Post
      04-14-2014, 09:20 AM   #1000
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post
Aww man to be brutally honest I don't know much about the Thai food scene in Austin. What would you recommend?

I actually went to Bombay Bistro on S.Lamar pretty recently I was hankering for some Chili's molten chocolate lava cake so I decided to take a trip to the Brodie Oaks center only to find that Chili's had closed down, so I noticed Bombay Bistro nearby and said why the hell not. I did enjoy the food. I had their traditional chicken curry and some potato dish as part of their lunch buffet which was good.

The server who was refilling drinks for everyone was extremely nice and hence I left a size-able tip, but the hostess was quite rude which left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm kind of clean-freak when it comes to restaurants and a lot of the tables were a little dirty when I went in, so I took maybe 15 or 20 seconds looking for a clean table in a mostly empty restaurant, and the hostess rudely and hurriedly tried to usher me to a table for no good reason. The restaurant was maybe at 5% capacity, there was no one else waiting at the hostess stand, and frankly speaking I can find my own damn table by myself for a lunch buffet. Her hovering over me while I was looking for a place to sit down was unnecessary.
Good to hear Chilli's closed down, haha. My friend Jeff just opened up a place called Park over there. There's one in the Domain also.

When it comes to Thai food, I think Titaya's is top of the line although I have not been back yet since they re-opened. I'm hearing smaller portions, which would piss me off, combined with higher prices. The food quality, though, was the same as before. Madam Mam's is always good, and a new place called Sap's opened up in a doomed spot in the shopping center where HEB is on Burnet and 2222. I'll have to pop by. I was always impressed by the one down South...
Appreciate 0