View Single Post
      04-19-2014, 11:49 AM   #279
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Actually I'm an advocate against a small vocal minority promoting a change of oil type away from the OEM recommendation with absolutely no long term data that shows any advantage....and I'm especially against glossing over UOAs that show a rise in iron - if you can't drive hard with Mobil 1 0W40 on board without a rise in iron then that IS a reason to be concerned.
The topic is rapidly become like the tight bearing clearance fiasco - where the idea (M1 0W40 is better) becomes fact solely by constant repetition.
The only fiasco here is that you are not listening. My iron went up but it is right at universal average. Again, let me put this in bold for you just so you can't possibly miss it: WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?

You are against UOA's showing rise in iron? There are so many engines on your beloved TWS with higher iron than mine! Just quickly scroll through the thread and you'll see iron levels in the double digits, which mine isn't

The last report showed exactly the opposite of what you are saying. Oil was used hard (in hot weather), yet lead dropped, and everything was right where it should be or better.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0