View Single Post
      01-21-2010, 05:08 PM   #27
JoeyBananaz18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: metrocard

i got a good one.

when i was little, both my parents worked on saturdays. so my grandfather would come over with his delphingrau e30 325is and babysit my sister and i. at the time i was only probably 8 or 9 and had no idea what it really was. all i knew was that it wasnt like anything else i was used to riding in. it was never just a regular car. it was always grandpas BMW. the thing that always attracted me to that car was the fact that it had red leather. with the gray outside it looked truly stunning.
one day he came over and was working on it in the driveway with the hood up. for those that dont know, the e30 hood opened backwards, from back to front. ill never forget when my uncle said to me "a real car's hood opens like that."
fast forward to 1998 when my grandfather sold his e30 to a friend and upgraded to a 528i (which was the first BMW i ever drove). it turned out that his friend was involved in a serious accident with the e30 and i believe it was totaled. when i got the news i was devistated. i really felt a peice of my childhood, and the reason im so into cars was gone.
fast forward to the morning of july 18, 2009. this was the day i finally got to see the E92 Msport 335i i ordered. the color- space gray and coral red..... just like grandpas e30. it really is more than just a car for me.
7/18/09- I pick up my baby- 2009 E92 335i Xdrive, Space Gray over Coral Red. Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, M-Sport Pkg, 193Ms, Gloss Black grills, Custom Gloss Black Mirrors, Performance shift and E-brake boot, M3 spoiler, Euro fog switch, gloss black interior tim, Coco-Mats (red/black), H&R coilovers, 19'' Alufelgen SF-71s......
Appreciate 0