09-21-2014, 06:31 AM   #6
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarZ4 View Post
Like you said, without bringing in the political side, but argument for argument sakes:

The i8 is not slow, finishing the quarter mile at the same pace of the M4 but doing a faster 0-60.

Petrol has limited range as well - how often do you stop by the gas station? Once electrical recharge station is widely implemented, limited range will no longer be a problem.

Additionally, electric/hybrid one-ups petrol in that you can charge it overnight in your own garage, something you can't do with a combustion engine. So if anything, for a DD car the electric car will never have to visit a recharge station while a combustion engine will still have to go to get gas, thereby saving you time.

That, and I think the i8 looks pretty sweet. Better than the M4, I might add. The Stingray is quite a looker too, though!
Sure, once charging stations are widely implemented you'll be able to stop every 100 miles and recharge for 4 - 6 hours (hopefully no one will get there first). What a great cross-country trip that'd be. LOL And don't start with Tesla, you'll be able to go across country on the route Mr. Musk has chosen for you, not the route you want to take.

You honestly think recharging a petrol-car at a gas station for 5 minutes every 450 miles or so (that's like 8 - 9 hours of driving) is less convenient than recharging an electric car? I keep 15 gallons of fuel at my house for my lawn mower, generator, etc. I can recharge my petrol car over night too.

I drive 160 miles a day. I stop and refuel every two days so I spend at most 12 minutes refueling my E90. I can live with that. Most people stop at the gas station every 5 days.
Appreciate 0