09-12-2011, 04:19 AM   #16
epbrown
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Coupe, Porsche Boxster S

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8board511 View Post
hey guys first time posting in here but was wondering what the best way to lose that little bit of lower stomach fat is. I've started running about 2 miles 3-4 times a week but what else should i do to try and get rid of it. I don't have the healthiest of diets mainly because I have a really hectic work schedule so I'm usually missing breakfast because im out the door to work around 4:30-5 in the morning and having late lunches around 1400hrs. What would you suggest i get to eat or make myself to eat during the day?
Most of it's been covered - good diet (avoid fried foods, sugary food and drinks, avoiding alcohol will help), smaller meals at regular intervals help avoid overeating and keep your stomach from bloating, and ramp up your metabolism with HIIT cardio like running intervals to optimize fat-burning.

The only bad advice I've seen here is to do additonal ab work. Working your abs isn't bad, but that won't burn off the fat covering them. Imagine a tub of lard. Now imagine a tub of lard with a brick at the bottom - it still looks like a tub of lard on the surface. You won't see the brick until you melt off the lard.
Appreciate 0