07-23-2013, 10:59 PM   #25
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
sorry dealing with a troll. i was just curious about the bike and frame in particular. found it for what i thought was a good price. did a bit of research and thought that these homegrown frames were all hand built and pretty high end at the time. As much as i ride it most important now is that it doesnt break apart on me and the seat is comfortable which it seems they never are.
Oh, I see now. You are bored and were dying to call someone a troll (whatever the hell that means) and, rather that asking for some info about the frame and bike specifically, or when prompted as I did above, you were curious to see if we could guess WTF you wanted to know more about.

I asked what you wanted to have discussed, and you offered nothing. Then you attempt to insult me by name calling, as if that's a grown-up way to handle the matter.

You bought a run of the mill bike for $100 and by your own admission you have no burning desire to ride it. Surely it isn't your first bike, and at $100 you and I both know it's probably not that special a bike, but it will likely nonetheless function, which is probably more than enough for someone who doesn't want to ride a bike. What did you want to know about frame or anything else?

Did you think maybe someone would chime in saying that you got an incredible deal and that the bike is really worth about $50K? Or perhaps your aspirations weren't nearly so lofty and you just wanted some affirmation that you didn't spend too much to buy a bike you don't really want to ride?

And, quite frankly, I am even going so far as to question the veracity of your assertion that you don't know anything about bikes for the following reasons:
  • A cycling novice is highly unlikely to cite 6061 aluminum as the frame material and knowingly distinguish it from 7006 aluminum, steel or carbon.
  • A cycling novice is hardly in a position to independently posit that the bike has all stock equipment on it.
  • A novice, particularly one who isn't into riding bikes to begin with, isn't about to cite part names, even if the seller may have mentioned that the bike is and example of the last American hand made frame bikes, when asking about the bike.
Lastly, since you want to resort to name calling, here's the one I have for you: child.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0