View Single Post
      01-24-2024, 09:41 PM   #189
GinTonic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
No, actually it’s not. It’s a photo of a newspaper printing press and that’s all it is.

Did you grow up reading the newspaper? I’m guessing you didn’t since you didn’t answer “yes” and based on a few other things you’ve posted that give clues to your age. Of course, since you didn’t answer I don’t know and my guess could be wrong.
I'm 35, and yes I grew up reading the newspaper, watching news on TV, and now social media. I was also born in Poland, so don't assume I was raised like an American, despite growing up in the U.S. I'm fluent in both languages, travel back home whenever I can, and have studied in Krakow. That said, I've also visited 20 countries. Europeans are very skeptical of their governments - Generally what is said, or spoken by the government is usually associated with ulterior motives. Pessimism runs deep, past the friendly facades. Meanwhile, Americans have never experienced a war on their land, so they live in lala land where everything is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
I did grow up reading the newspaper. Every single morning of the week. I assure you the news media was an entirely different animal back then than it is today. Today’s news media and yesterday’s news media have almost nothing in common.
Yes, we know that media / journalism (whatever part of that exists that) today is not what it used to be. The reason I posted a photo of a printing press is because thats what media was during the first one third of the twentieth century, including magazines, and the radio.

Last edited by GinTonic; 01-24-2024 at 10:00 PM..
Appreciate 0