View Single Post
      05-23-2013, 10:57 AM   #79
JLed79
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Fast, very very fast...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
I do agree, the countless iterations of the F3x chassis are just pulling things in too many directions and then add in the lines and you have a million iterations of what used to just be a choice between a sedan, a coupe, a convertible or a wagon, with the colors you wanted and few basic options. If you missed one or two options, you still had a fundamentally sound car that wasn't far removed from differently optioned cars. Now it seems like you can easily screw yourself out of a fun to drive car if you miss one tick box.

I know the incremental cost to develop an ugly hatch from the existing LWB sedan is small, but if they just put all of their resources into getting the core product right and skipped the GT and GC and six slices of SUV on top of it, I have to think they'd have happier, more faithful customers. The current trend appears to grow customers over all other consideration and keep throwing marginally different products out there until you can't slice it any finer.
I couldn't have said it better myself. Literally, I couldn't if I tried. Complete agreement here.
Appreciate 0