View Single Post
      04-24-2014, 11:17 PM   #38
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by investmentbanker View Post
I'm a cheap bastard. Thats why I drive a Honda Fit and BMW 325i. But I never had a super BMW car like an M6 so tranny is my concern. I've read mix reviews of the tranny and how some dealers just replace an entire transmission for $14K when replace the hydraulic pump and some relay doesn't fix the tranny.

I want to do this but I'm scared LOL. #firstworldproblems
You want an m6 and call yourself a cheap bastard lol these cars (m5 e60 and this m6) can bend you over and plow you royally... Tranny is 14k (my buddy just had to redo his, thankfully he got it at carmax with their warranty and they footed the bill), x2 vanos, SMG pump... Goodness I had an e60 m5 for 12 days and it would have cost 20k to get the car right before tightening up the suspension, and while I could easily afford it, it just wasn't worth it (hence the f10 m5 )

With that said if you feel its been well taken care of and can vouch for the seller why not..But make sure you have the cash and stomach that if something big happened you can pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
I agree with this 100%. I usually laugh at my friends who buy insanely powerful cars. Unless you take it to the track (one friend does), there is little to no point buying these powerful cars.
I use it everyday with the m5, hit the limiter more than I could count lol.

And then there are the times you don't notice it like overtaking and oops you're at xxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Texas Direct Auto, no surprise. I've been there before, GIANT outfitter that just CHURNS and BURNS them out.

Let's hope someone from Texas Direct Auto sees this. Hold on...

TEXAS DIRECT AUTO #texasdirectauto

Perhaps we should call the "friendly" salesman back and all start asking him about the M6? Troll mode: engaged...
Oh man lol I almost bought a 458 there and my buddy who got a 430 told me they have a terrible rep... I let them keep the deposit.. I wouldn't ever buy from them regardless of the price..

If thats where the m6 is coming from stay far away. Car was probably in katrina.

They did some shady crap to me too I bought it via ebay.. Won the "auction" they instead of checking out and doing it all through ebay... Removed the listing and contacted me privately (I assume that since their yelp/google reviews were sooooooo shitty to maintain their 100% ebay rating should something bad happen) I kept saying I wanna do it through ebay for insurance, even good feedback they said they don't work that way??? LOL

Texas auto import too is bad.

Last edited by M5Rlz; 04-24-2014 at 11:27 PM..
Appreciate 0