United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabrich
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7 View Post
Really? I said that?

Look, if we lived in a land of ignorance, and the cell phone companies knew how dangerous it was to text and drive and we had no idea that texting and driving was dangerous, but the cell phone companies touted how safe and wonderful their phones were to use while driving then I hope you would agree the cell phone companies would have some culpability, right?

Good, now we agree on that.

Now, if, over the course of 15 years, BMW had reason to know that children or disabled adults could be trapped, or have been trapped inside the car due to the flawed design of the central locking system, then I think you would agree that BMW would be culpable to some degree.

Great, now we agree on that too.

So, finally, as I have said numerous times here, I refer to the "BMW car" as having caused the problem because I don't know if BMW corporate was aware of this problem. I have good reason to believe that BMW knew or should have known as a result of their near black box warning that appears in the manual.

Nevertheless, while I don't know if BMW is culpable to any degree, I do know that being trapped in a car with older and possibly newer central locking designs was reasonably foreseeable.

For that reason, I blame the car and not BMW. Should evidence surface that BMW understood the dangers, then I would blame BMW directly.
Clearly you are an ambulance chasing attorney who wants to blame others for their own stupidity. If not, you should consider it as you have the same view of life.

The car companies tell everyone DO NOT LEAVE A CHILD OR PET IN A PARKED CAR. It was NOT the car's fault.
I am pretty sure the warning about leaving a child or pet typically revolves around an infant or dog, neither of which would be able to hit an unlock button or any other common sense way of getting out of the car. This was a 14 year old girl and it should be very easy to simply unlock the door and get out.

How this "feature" can be seen as a theft deterrent more so than creating a dangerous situation is strange to me. Especially from a company that doesn't even make the alarm standard on a $50k car. This sounds more like a "miss" than anything else.

Also, maybe in the UK it is so common that it is obvious. But for sure that is not the case here in the US and BMW should disable that from occurring.
Appreciate 0