View Single Post
      07-12-2010, 10:57 PM   #55
e1000
that's what SHE said!
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richbot View Post
The real question is "how many M3's are actually driven by someone who can fully exploit their capabilities?"

I have a racecar, I don't need to take my M3 to the racetrack to do a bunch of laps when I can race wheel-to-wheel whenever I want. What I want is the most involving, fun, high performance experience I can get for my money in a car that can still be useful as real car. Most of the things on the M3's option list, and many of the standard features, add nothing to that experience except an extra 5 pounds here and 15 pounds there. That eventually adds up to a more expensive and less capable car, but at least it has a "Motorsport" badge on it! Make that stuff optional. The power seats are a move in the right direction.
Again, 15 lbs? Really? I know every little bit counts, but not only are we missing the forest for a tree, I can almost guarantee you the choice was made not for the enthusiast and purists, but to find another way to charge more for the existing option set. If they really wanted to make a car that was meaningful, they'd shave hundreds of pounds off of it and get it closer to 3k lbs. For example, make A/C optional, make the stereo optional, that would be something that would really show me BMW M is moving in the enthusiasts direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brknbones View Post
I have a car on the boat now, what bothers me the most is not the new iPod features coming in September with the combox but the fact that it will now be able to be upgraded and work with apps. It is this unknown future functionality and compatibility.

Before all the purist jump down my throat. I have many passion/ obsessions in life. My car is one of them, technology is another. I love my iPhone (AT&T works great where I live and work). I am sure on an online forum I am not the only one. The beauty of an m3 is that is a sports car AND a daily driver. If you want stripped get a lotus
You too huh? Are you on the Rhea Leader too?
Appreciate 0