View Single Post
      03-03-2023, 09:41 AM   #4
2008M36MT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lj_F80 View Post
Depends on what you're eating. When I'm wanting to lose weight, I decrease my carb intake, but keep my protein intake high.

Everyone is a little different and not all "diets" work, but the tried and true calories in vs calories out is the only consistent method. But you have to remember the type of calories you're taking in really matters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgixxer View Post
Can you elaborate please?
The Mayo clinic says it’s calories in vs out, shouldn’t matter what I’m eating, and I have found that to be true with various diets over the years, in some where I ate healthy, in others where I ate unhealthy.

Elaborating, losing about 15-17 pounds in 12 weeks (including I initial water weight). It’s the maintenance phase that’s always had me confused. I’m lifting every day, muscles are growing, but I’m getting fatter. That 15 pounds that I lost at 1000 calories a day has come back just as fast, well maybe 10 lbs of it, eating 2000 calories a day. When I see people of a similar build eating 2800 calories for maintenance, I wonder why I can’t do the same.
Appreciate 1
chassis6634.50