04-03-2014, 10:41 AM   #32
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post

I was never the one to bring up AM or Maserati, the guy I quoted and responded to did. He said that an M6 is comparable to the AM and Maserati, not in driving dynamics but rather in "prestige". Which isn't true. BMW, while a great brand (as well as M GmbH), isn't quite up to the same level of sophistication that Maserati and Aston Martin hold in the market place. Not that that is a big deal, BMW primarily doesn't focus on that demographic anyway.

I think you took what I wrote and assumed I was trashing the M6, which I wasn't. Just realizing it for what it is, a damn good car that one could easily drive everyday around town but it's not in the same league as an Aston or Maserati.
I think people are praising Maserati only because they are rare. Otherwise, they are not what they try to be. One in my family and one owned by a friend of mine, bot two POS they are very unreliable and like my friend said, the service tech drove it more than the owner. It took a while to get rid of them too. In fact, in Europe is very well known, italian cars are unreliable. That reminds me of my stress time with my Alfa.
From my point of view however, Maserati is nowhere near BMW and I am not talking as a fanboi. Aston, yes, that is a different car.

Back on topic, I will go for the M6. Corvette is nice but I don't see that car as a daily driver. They don't compare anyway, twoseater versus four seats, etc.
Appreciate 0