06-26-2013, 02:45 PM   #89
RandomHero
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tanglewood View Post
This thread has become my bible. What are your guys credentials? I very much appreciate the guidance!
Me personally? Nothing. LOL, that’s why I’m discussing it on a BMW forum rather than giving advice to patients as a physician. BTW, anyone can go get a personal trainers license, and the majority of them are idiots, so don't consider that an official credential.

My informal resume on health and fitness:
-Former power lifter. Did 675 squat, 315 bench, 575 deadlift at 17 years old and 211 pounds
-College baseball player
-Lost around 60 pounds in about 6 months (40-50 of that was in about 15 weeks)
-I’d dare to say that I have close to 1000 hours of research on the topic as well.
-I’ve done keto, low-carb, and simple calorie counting diets all at different times
-I’ve personally coached 10-12 friends to lose weight (the ones that stuck to my advice all succeeded)

Short answer, I’d consider myself an expert novice (or would it be a novice expert?). I’m not a professional, and I’ve never claimed to be, but I’ve been around fitness all my life (except for my college freshman year when I had a baseball injury and then discovered Taco Bell), had some very impressive (at least to me) personal accomplishments, but most importantly, I learn from much smarter people than me.
Appreciate 0