Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 BMW M3

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbak View Post
Hi Nico43, I've got a question to ask. You retrofitted this part into an e92 - 84102449887 (it's a wireless qi charger). The catalouge of BMW says it won't fit e92, and I am kinda scared to pay for it since there are no returns. Could you please confirm for me that it will fit ? I've got a 2010 M3 e92 Silverstone as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm03 View Post
I had that charger in my F36. It's not great, it will cook your phone's battery from the heat it generates, especially if you are using wireless carplay. I swapped out the USB A charger under the armrest for a genuine 2x USB C charger. Note this is a charge only usb hub.

I got a single OEM USB type C that I am going to fit to the E92 at some point.

On my last E9x and F10 all you do is that a snap in adapter harness, chop it and pin in a four pin power connector to the USB socket. Super clean and easy install.

I got the M3 back from the shop last week after having new used valve covers put on, the front suspension clunk fixed, muffler mount fixed, new tires, DCT top off, SS brake lines and fluid flush performed. Add this $3,000 bill to the pile and now I am in this E92 for $22k. It will need to go back to the shop at some point in the coming weeks as there might be another oil leak from the rear main or the front timing cover.

The only thing left to do now is to drive the car. I ended up doing a 12 hour round trip around Colorado to stress test the car.

First stop was Pikes Peak about two hours away from Denver. I got at the gates at 9AM and with the heavy traffic I manage to summit in 50 minutes. Since I have already done all of the touristy bits I looped the parking lot and headed right back down. Without hitting traffic I made it back to the front gates in 30 minutes. Growing up in the northeast it is interesting to think this may have been the first time this car has ever seen snow living in SoCal its entire life.

After another two hour drive and a lunch stop in Buena Vista, I took the M3 up Cottonwood Pass. Hands down the nicest road I have ever driven in my entire life. Going up and down the pass everything made sense with the M3.

After making it back to Buena Vista, I headed up the road about an hour and a half to Vail for a quick dinner at Pazzo's pizza and then another 2 hours back to Denver. The total drive time for the day was 10 hours and managed to go over 400 very hard miles. The car had zero issues and felt like a brand new M3.

Rewarding the car for not leaving me stranded on top of a mountain I tackled rewrapping the headliner. It ended up turning out OKish. If the M3 continues to behave itself I will probably find a shop in Denver to professionally refinish it but for now at least it is not in my face.

That is it for now, I still need find time to wire in the OEM backup camera, Type C port and clean up the trunk.
Appreciate 3
911r897.00
DrFerry6731.50
derbo3611.50