View Single Post
      03-25-2024, 08:55 AM   #10
lasted
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i '15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockCrusher View Post
If you intend to make content from the car get a car that will draw the most clicks. Is that an M car? Are M car owners or wanna be M car owners your audience?

Also, unless your mod's will be limited to very simple mods you will not have a car you will be able to drive every day. You need to have a 2nd vehicle, a daily driver.

And back when I was mod'ing a car — for occasional auto-cross usage — about every mod had me at the tools store stocking up on what tools I would need. I was working full time and had a pretty good job. (Which a few years later turned out to be not so good with the work leaving the area (San Jose CA area) for lower cost regions in the US, or overseas, and I had to return to school to prepare for a career change. Which successful but as it turned out in around 10 years I was faced with having to make another career change. Which I did. Fortunately this one lasted me the next 30 years.)

Making content is from what I gather 2nd hand is pretty much a full time job. Doing whatever you think is worth filming, and at the same time handling filming. Then comes editing.

(Years ago I was friends with a couple who traveled and took pictures and videos. The was before the internet so it was just for sharing with family and friends. Viewed the photo albums and some videos. They were quite well done. I asked the woman — she did most of the picture taking/filming — how she managed to get just the right shot, the right bit of video? Her answer: "Editing. Lots and lots of editing.")

At 17 you have high school to think about and then what comes [...]
Thank you for your reply ! I actually do have a daily driver. I drive a BMW 328i F30 and i’ve been driving it for about 2 and a half years not almost 3 ! I’ve done a good amount of mods to it, it has a tune and dp. So I’m not too worried about the daily driver part actually. Now I’m really just wondering for your personal opinion. Supra or M340? and why? A lot in here are saying I wouldn’t be able to handle the speed but I’ve driven wayyyy faster cars before (super cars) at high speeds. And I also don’t plan on doing no crazy racing or nothing, just pulls and what not. Thank you again !
Appreciate 0