KGB7
Crazy Russian Bastard
United_States
Rep
Drives: 01 740i sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick6EF View Post
I'm going to bold some of the really bad stuff:

So if you want to gain quality weight, stay away from shakes. It will take you longer to gain muscle but once you do, you wont lose it. Because shakes do help you gain mass faster, but you have too keep drinking them to keep muscles.
By 'shakes' I assume you mean protein shakes? Which are supplements, they are made to fill the gaps whole foods are not proving in your diet, ie your protein requirements.

You lose lose LBM when in a caloric deficit, not because you stopped drinking a supplement that is just Aminos and Whey.

Where in the world would you think that 'shakes' keep your muscles from falling off? Again, a caloric deficit will result in loss of LBM

Counting calories is pointless as well, because you can eat 1,000 calories a day and still gain fat. Its all about eating foods that are "alkaline". So you need to a Maintain a pH Balance. Too much acidic food will kill body cells and slow down muscle growth

Counting calories is the best way to get the results you want. I count everything. I fit the foods I enjoy because I count.

If a grown man (6' 200LBS for example) was eating 1,000 calories a day, he would be in the hospital.

Regarding that stuff about pH and that link you posted, I'll just say that too much of anything is bad for you.

Here is a great read on supplements:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...ts-part-1.html

1st. You confirmed what i said is true. If you take away the shakes, you start losing the things they gave you in the first place. It wont be over night, or over a week time. This what you assumed and why you jumped the gun.

2nd. You can eat 1,000 calories a day and not end up in the hospital. Its not about how much of calories you eat, but where those calories come from. Veggies have calories, and vegans live on a very low calorie diet, yet none of them ever went to a hospital because of low calorie consumption. You will lose weight if you consume low amount of calories, but you would have to end at 100lb or less to end up in the hospital.

Many people switch to a strict vegan diet for a month or more to lose a lot of weight safely while remaining healthy and become healthier in the process of doing so.

Simple question for you. Why do fat people stay fat even if they drink 0 calorie sodas??

Last edited by KGB7; 07-26-2011 at 12:59 PM..
Appreciate 0