View Single Post
      01-05-2014, 12:25 AM   #64
torzeck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i, 2020 X3 30i

Both companies days are numbered...

Hey I just test drove a tesla model S and I know it's a totally different price point but it was kind of amazing.

Afterward I got into my 2011 x3 35i and it felt old , like rotary dial phone vs iPhone old.

I asked if the Model S was replacing alot of 7 series annd Audi A8s and he said this was a "gimme"...Way too easy.

The smooth constant torque is addictive and the whole car feels solid. I would bet it's skidpad numbers are vey good.

Yeah there is some possible unrealistic range anxiety but with a range of 200 to 300 miles and a 0-60 time that is around 5.4 seconds for the slowest version it's very useful for most people buying cars in this price range and super quick.

The big touch screen and driver display makes all the mechanical switch gear and even idrive seem so dated.

They don't quite have all the brand perfectness and the design detailing that BMW has but they likely will as time goes on.

When Tesla builds their mass market 3series size car they will take a huge share of the German big 3's sales- if the big 3 don't hurry to catch up.

Go ahead and flame me but if they (or this technology) had the big money to build the dealer and super charger network they would kill all of them.
Appreciate 0