Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallTownBoy View Post
And that, my friends, is the sweet spot occupied by my M235i (with wife smiling, not crying)

That seems a rather casual slam against M Performance owners. What makes me any less of a "BMW lover" or "purist" because I didn't buy an M car? In truth the "raw M car" is "too much" for all drivers at least 95% of the time on public roads. On local roads I can get past the posted speed limit in first gear, and it corners like it's on rails. Let's not lapse into "M snobs" or "M Performance poseurs" talk.
No not at all, I didnt intend it to sound like that. I think the original comment I replied to was something about why the M sales have suffered as of late.
In truth yes most of the M products are a bit raw for the mast majority.

I was implying that BMW M performance automobiles are taking sales away from the actual M division cars. I think there is much truth to this. And here is why, most people dont need all that what a pure M divison car is offering when they can get plenty of that in an M performance version. Especially now with all the add on bits that even make it look so much closer to an M then ever (not a bad thing at all).

Yeah I dont care about the M deuchery or whatevever people say about M performance poser crap. I am a fan of BMW even though today most poeple say they have lost some soul, well I say this Ill weather this storm and hope they keep listening and make cars to please everyone including myself. Can you honestly say BMW doesnt make a car for everyone? I think they do...

And no, it doesnt make you any less of a purist or BMW fan. Same goes for myself. I have never owned an M car (I want to next purchase) or an M performance variant. But hey I sure as hell enjoy my 335i does everything I need it to do and more.