Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver View Post
That's an interesting thought. In one road test of the M4 there was a comment that questioned why anyone would want a faster car to drive on the street. An M5/M6 is going to be faster in a straight line, but less nimble due to the additional weight.

So perhaps a car like the M5 doesn't need to be faster than an M4. What it might need is to be as fast as an M4 without so much extra mass, and with very high levels of luxury.
I know for myself personally, I would never need more then the current M3/4 output maybe just a slight tune to bump up 30-40 to say well I like to tinker a bit...

I have had a 700 hp car and I cant say I had more fun in that car then I did in a 350-400hp car. There just comes a point where its unusable. Im in my 30's I want subtle and quick but classy. M3 is exactly that.

Now as for the M5 loosing that much weight well perhaps next generation with use of carbon fiber. I cant see that the M4 ever being close in a straighline as the M5 but there is always that glory to people of beating something thats "suppose" to be more expensive and faster with a lesser car.

I say less weight and less hp in the futrue. I dont need 600hp. Give me 350hp 2700lb car