View Single Post
      07-14-2014, 12:11 PM   #4739
druu
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryshortbloke View Post
Selling my DSLR and everything that I have photography wise to go to a smaller Compact Camera System.

Anyone have any recommendations?
This depends on what you're shooting with now and what your budget is, you can shoot for the stars or you can go budget when it comes to a non SLR CSC. It also depends on what your reason for switching is. If you are trying to just reduce heft, than by all means. But there are sacrifices to be made.

I went fuji x for my vacation and fun camera. The image quality is probably best in class for APS-C mirrorless. I shoot mainly full frame but this fulfills most of my casual needs fine. You can get the x-e1 and x-e2s on sale all the time, the added bonus is that they come kitted with a 700 dollar kit lens that is one of the more feature packed and sharp kits out there (28-83 equivalent f/2.8-4). The caveat is that the fuji xf lenses are not cheap. Not canon L Expensive but expect 700-1000 per prime new.

If you can't live without that 35mm sensor, the the sony A7 series is your best bet. AFAIK though, lens selection isn't the best here if you're looking for native non adapted lenses.

If you value your viewfinder i would keep your slr gear and get an rx100 mark iii or something to save you heft. I honestly cannot shoot without a VF. EVFs have come a long way and are excellent now, but if you were getting paid for your work and it depended on instantaneous quickness, then an SLR OVF is the only way.
Appreciate 0