View Single Post
      08-01-2011, 10:32 AM   #15
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
going a little bit OT but maybe people can give your thoughts on my breakfast habits.

For the longest time, I would skip it entirely. Not ideal, I know. I bought nutragrain bars, about 120 cal a bar. This would help hold me over until lunch, but not make a major impact. Whereas I used to eat a footlong sub with chips, I eat just the sub. About 800 cal for lunch, a little over 900 total for the day.

Lately, I've been eating a bagel for breakfast, with light cream cheese probably 300 cal. This will usually keep me full to where all I crave for lunch is a couple of lean pockets, or maybe half the sub and chips, either way 550-600 cal.

I'm pretty indifferent between the 2 scenarios, and they both add up to about the same total calories consumed in the day up to that point. I wouldn't (what I consider to) micro manage this but lately I have time to exercise only twice a week, about 1.5-2hrs playing tennis each time (and even this isn't purely exercise, as a lot of it is networking, etc.). Other than that, my time is all but spoken for.

Is one more preferable than the other, in terms of maintenance? I could stand to lose 15-20 lbs, but at this point I'd be content just staying where I am. I've cut a lot of alcohol from my diet so maybe I will make up some ground there.
Appreciate 0