Thread: D40x or D60?
View Single Post
      08-07-2008, 01:22 PM   #11
LOLrance
The Law.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: BMW

I think in retrospect, most people who have a DSLR that bought it with a kit lens wishes they just bought the body alone and picked up a lens separately. But again, this is all in retrospect. When you first start shooting, you obviously wont know whats good and bad. Dont get me wrong, most kit lenses are more then fine for learning the basics of the camera and how shutter speed and aperture affects the photo, but they are just not great.

I dont know much about Nikon so i cant really help you with lenses etc etc. But my advice would be to find someone with a Nikon and see if they have a kit lens or any lens to let you borrow. Just buy the body and borrow the lens to learn the gist of how everything works. When you feel like its time to move on, you can spend your money on a lens you actually want, not just a lens that comes with the kit. A lot of socal guys have Canon XTI's and i always tell them to buy the body and i will lend them my kit lens for as long as they want.

Just a little thing to keep in mind. Most of the time, your lenses will cost more then the body of your camera. If you have any other questions, let me know and ill try to help.