Superspeed
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: 640i, 120d, Cooper S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
I worked for Lufthansa and we had a carpool in Frankfurt. Being American, I scoffed at the diesel cars and always grabbed an E46 or an E39 gas model. It didn't take long to realize that diesel cars were making better time on the autobahn and were cheaper to fill up.

VW is really the only company that's had much traction with diesel in the US, BMW and MB have made attempts, but dont seem to get very far. The lack of an available manual in the 335i E90 always kept me away from it, but Id' happily buy an F30 if it has three pedals.

Did you have a Pantera in Norway? That had to be a sight! My dad had a 1973 GTS, it was a bit of a turd but sure looked good. I've been to Oslo a few times, and down to Stavanger, I'm jealous of your location, a truly beautiful place. Enjoy.
Hopefully BMW manage a breakthrough with diesel in the U.S this time!

I had a '80 Pantera GTS with the Group4 body kit. This was back in 1985, and I had fun with it for 10 years. A quite primitive and raw car, but with an incredible road holding. And with looks that turned heads!
Supercars (if the Pantera deserves that name) are quite rare to see in Norway, because of taxes based on horsepower, consumption and emissions. Allthough Ferrari seem to have a nice bite of the market, at least here in Oslo.

Thank you for being positive, but what we lack here is a continous and efficient high speed motorway system throughout the country. But a challenging topography also has it's advantages for a guy like me who loves letting the car stretch out on the back roads