12-11-2014, 12:10 PM   #24
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by N & M View Post
I have said it a dozen times in this site: BMW have shifted thier attention and talent to development environmental and lifestyle tech in the cars rather than all out engineering for driving pleasure. This is great in a way but is BMW?

Likewise, thier persuit of more volumes and bringing products to market quickly has negative affected thier quality standards. Mercedes and Toyota went through it and have learned from that experience to improve thier standards and product substance.

There is a young engineer at the head of BMW, I am hoping he puts things back into perspective and finds a way to bring back what has been lost.
Meh I wouldn't say that. They haven't "shifted" focus really, just expanded the brand.

The reason the more well known engines from BMW aren't on the list is because none of them are new. I'm sure once the B48 and B58 engines are available, they'll be on the list.

Whenever BMW has a new engine it tends to make it onto the list. In 2012 both the N20 and N55 engine made the cut.
Appreciate 0