Drives: 2011 128i & 2006 330xi

Garage List
1967 Piper Cherokee  [0.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
2011 128i  [0.00]
'88 Corvette: 35th ...  [0.00]
Divorce sucks! ....

....but I got the car back!

Ok, so we had a 3-series (his) and a 1-series (hers). We ordered hers brand new with just the options we wanted. She drove it nice, and I wash and baby it for two years.

Midlife crisis hits and she bails out of a 15 year marriage for absolutely no good reason. No affairs, no arguments, no $ troubles, no kids, nothing. She just "wants to be on her own for the first time in her life."

I keep my car, she keeps hers. BUT....I find out from someone that the first thing she does after divorce is final is to trade her 1'er [even up!!!] for a new Chevy Cruze!

I waited for the car to show on the lot so I could go snag it. It never shows cuz the Chevy dealer sends it to the auction before I found out about it. It goes from the Upper Midwest to the South by the time I catch up with it.

I made a deal with the new BMW dealer to buy it back. I go to the bank to get the cashiers check to mail down, only to come home to find my salesman on my answering machine telling me that another salesman unexpectedly sold the car out from under him.

Next chapter, the dealer is kind enough to ask the new owner if he'd accept a little more $ to kindly sell me my car back. New owner is a nice guy and very understanding about my heartache (over my car, not my ex-wife!) and agrees to give it up for a little extra, after only owning it for two weeks!

Car and original owner happily reunited after two hour flight south. Love affair begins again as 128 is driven 900 miles back to my garage, where it belongs!!!

Ex-wife finds out what I did and sends me a nasty email, calling me "psychotic and over the edge!"
Says she would have "given me" the car back as part of the settlement if I wanted it that bad. YEAH, RIGHT!

Bottom line, divorce sucks, but payback was awesome when she realized she left me enough cash to get my "first love" back!

Whattya think guys? What a range of emotions! Should I write a novel over this, similar to The Notebook??

Next thing I'll do is let my new GF occasionally drive it around and enjoy it so word gets back! That'll be the ULTIMATE payback!

Last edited by 1seriesfan; 03-12-2014 at 09:11 AM..
Appreciate 0