07-25-2013, 09:24 AM   #78
Never Convicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by acsoup123 View Post
1) Raise your hand if you had to top off with a quart or more of oil before your vehicle called for a full scheduled oil change.
2) Raise your hand if you stopped by the dealer and had them top off the engine oil for free.
3) Raise your other hand if you purchased your own oil (thus making your "free maintenance" not so free, and technically a marketing liability)

IMO, Still the bean counters at work here, not engineers... This decision was likely driven by a combo of less hassle for customers stopping by for a free top off quart, then only several k miles later coming back for full change, thus in essence "wasting" the extra quart the dealer topped off only a few miles before, only to drain all of it and fill with fresh oil.

I wouldn't worry about pre 2014 engines, we just get the added "fun" of having to top off the engine oil more frequently.
You go to the dealership to get a free quart of oil? Ummmm....no...never done that. But then i don't even use coupons at the supermarket, so my bad.
Appreciate 0