MetsFan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 G37x

Garage List
2007 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss View Post
Do you know how many times i've been pulled over?
When i first came to this country a lot of people were telling me that as a Black man police will treat me unfairly.
Hahaha, i laughed at them. I told them that is not true, Police will not generalize me.I told them that Police will only treat you bad if you don't obey their orders or break the law.
After a few years, i take that back. HOLYSHIT! I've been pulled over so many times i've lost count. One officer told me that "It's unusual to see Blacks drive this type of car' . Another officer told me he stopped me because i had a Yankee hat on, the list goes on and one.

I'm beginning to think maybe it's me. Maybe this officers are not profiling me. i think i need to stop being a fool and then maybe they'll stop pulling me over BUT NO, i was not doing anything unusual. I wasn't speeding or anything. I dont smoke never had. I barely consume alcohol.

I've had officers pull guns at me, i've had officers call me 'nigg@' (but he did it in a jokingly way)... whatever. I don't even bother reporting them anymore because it's not even worth my time. They all say the samething :'We will look into it and do investigation'.

When i need help i will not call 9-1-1. OK, i will deal with it my self. Or i'll deal with the Fire rescure or ambulance.
I live in a pretty upper class neighborhood that borders a pretty lower class neighborhood. I have a friend that used to drive an e39 from the lower class town to the upper class town to get to work. He used to get pulled over for all kinds of BS reasons, but mainly because he was a dark-skinned man driving around in a nice car. He traded that car in and they don't bother him as much now.

I know of another that lives and works in my town and drives a Merc. He got pulled over so many times, he ended up sending them a letter and asking them to keep his license plate number on record as the "black man that drives a nice car".

Makes me sad...
Appreciate 0