View Single Post
      03-16-2024, 06:11 AM   #90
PaulGros
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green-Eggs View Post
OK, so here's the takeaway from this: this spec was cited at the BE Wiki with a link to the source. Once questioned as inaccurate, the "BE is evil" cheerleader hailed this as a "mistake." However, as you're now confirming, this wasn't a mistake at all; in fact BE wiki cited it correctly and provided the link (which is now dead). One guy, and hailed by the cheerleader, assumed it refers to rod side clearance. However, rod side-clearance is 10x larger than this value, and neither wanted to admit their mistake in making the wrong assumption.

Now that the link is dead, yes please post the screenshot.
I don't believe anyone is questioning that the information WAS there (I saw it, but never saved it). What I believe is being questioned is that it related to the bearing clearance. The wording is ambiguous at best, but was taken by some to relate to bearing clearance, yet this wasn't explicitly stated and nor was it clear.

If data is put out there it SHOULD be scrutinised and questioned. Afterall, none of us are perfect and can make an error or misinterpret information.
Appreciate 1
CSBM52754.50