View Single Post
      07-05-2013, 10:45 PM   #990
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3forMe View Post
I still just don't see whats wrong with that statement. DH hasn't sniffed a championship and Kobe has just a few. The Rockets are dreaming if they think that a few good players is all you need. I say if they stay healthy they will lose in the second round of the playoffs at best.
You think it's a good idea to tell a superstar that they aren't a champion and need teaching to become one? Don't you feel like Kobe is insulting Howard?

Plus,the Lakers had their chance to win a championship with Howard and Kobe last season but were stuck being a below .500 team 3/4 of the regular season. IMO, it is time for the Lakers to rebuild. They lost almost all the pieces from the champion team. No Phil Jackson, no good center, injured Kobe. Might as well do what Celtics did...

That's what all the Heat haters said when Lebron and Bosh joined forces to play with Wade. Everyone said that they wouldn't stand a chance because it takes a team to win a champion. But the first season they were already a contender.

I'm not saying that the Rockets are definitely a contender with the addition of Howard but they are a lot better with Howard. With an addition of a better PG and power forward to play along side with Harden, they will definitely be a contender, IMO. The whole Rocket team right now is just filled with a bunch of role player minus Harden. If Howard joined GSW, they would definitely be a contender especially with all the 3 pointers surrounding him. Klay Thompson, Steph Curry, Harrison Barnes, David Lee, Howard. That would be one of the best starting 5 in the league, IMO.
Appreciate 0