08-26-2014, 05:20 PM   #23
FOURSIXTEEN
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08' e90 M3 6MT / 97' e36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devant View Post
So many things wrong here:

First, no one should decide to change their bearings off of one blackstone report. You need to have a baseline and several reports to formulate a trend analysis and see how the engine is faring.

Second Motul 0w-30? Where did you get that this oil was okay to use, especially with new bearings? You need to use a special break-in oil with zinc and then switch back to 10w-60 or M1 0w-40 (if you believe all the reports on M1)

Third why are you letting the car idle for 10 minutes. That is the single biggest contributor to worn engine internals. You are basically running the engine starved of oil. Start the car wait 30 seconds and begin driving. This will allow oil to circulate everywhere it needs to go inside the engine, especially the top of the engine.
No need to be condescending just say why you disagree and your opinion
It's not the end of the world we all drive the same car. It's just 2000$ we paid 40-60k for the car who cares. Yeah I have one report and yes I was going to change them which in all reality cannot HURT anything...

Also I already sad it was a typo and I meant 0w40 which is what everyone
Seems to be going to and what eas advised. I high end race oil is a high end race oil m1 or motul doesn't matter.

Special break in oil???? Weird no one EVER said this at either eas or Texas track works who is a primary bmw race oriented shop.

I simply wanted to get opinions and I appreciate everyone's very much but don't just come rolling in acting like every thing you say is fact. No one knows everything that's the main reason we all are here on the forum. To learn.
Appreciate 0