08-26-2014, 07:38 PM   #24
Devant
Banned
Rep
Drives: '11 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURSIXTEEN View Post
No need to be condescending just say why you disagree and your opinion
It's not the end of the world we all drive the same car. It's just 2000$ we paid 40-60k for the car who cares. Yeah I have one report and yes I was going to change them which in all reality cannot HURT anything...

Also I already sad it was a typo and I meant 0w40 which is what everyone
Seems to be going to and what eas advised. I high end race oil is a high end race oil m1 or motul doesn't matter.

Special break in oil???? Weird no one EVER said this at either eas or Texas track works who is a primary bmw race oriented shop.

I simply wanted to get opinions and I appreciate everyone's very much but don't just come rolling in acting like every thing you say is fact. No one knows everything that's the main reason we all are here on the forum. To learn.
Well I say my post was designed to inform not condescend. Sorry you took it that way or disagree, but I stand by what I said.

The oil brand DOES matter. All 0w40s are not equal.

YES break in oil. It is used more for smooth cam break in but also has benefits for rod bearings.

Break in oil is a single weight oil that does not change viscosity with heat, it also contains zinc which allows new metal parts to crunch on the zinc rather than the metal parts themseleves.
Appreciate 0