954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Galpin Ford GTR1: 1,058 HP and $1million USD

The Galpin was redone for 2014
http://galpinfordgtr1.com

The GTR1 is capable of going 0 to 60 in under 3 seconds, with a top speed of over 200 mph.

That's why it costs $1 million to own one of only six GTR1s that will be built -- if six customers order them

"The custom-made, "coach-built" automobile runs a 5.4-liter V-8 dual overhead cam engine, supercharged, that produces 977 foot-pounds of torque.

Track-tested, outfitted with fully adjustable suspension, the aluminum-body car burns 110-octane gas and roars with what Boeckmann calls "the raw, beastly sound of power."

The car at Monterey is the only one of its kind, and is available at a starting MSRP of about $1 million." -- LA Times

Autoblog:

This year, the Galpin was back, albeit with one big change. That twin-turbo engine? Gone. In its place, a 5.4-liter V8 with a 4.0-liter Whipple supercharger bolted on, delivering an astonishing 1,058 hp and 992 lb-ft of torque on 110-octane fuel. 0-60? 2.9 seconds. Top speed? Somewhere above 225 miles per hour.

"Some things to keep in mind: no stability control, no traction control," were the only warnings given by Galpin's Brandon Boeckmann before taking me on a quick spin in the supercar. And after having my eyes thrown into the back of my skull a few times, laughing hysterically and trying to regain full use of my hearing after my ear drums being bombarded by the apocalyptic roar behind me, Brandon pulled over and said it was my turn, if I was ready to take the wheel."

Last edited by 954Stealth; 08-25-2014 at 05:25 PM..
Appreciate 0