View Single Post
      01-06-2014, 02:30 PM   #105
coogs08
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

All about eating clean, and I know it sounds strange, but don't do too much cardio. You've gotta mix in some weight training...People say 'oh I don't want to lift weights b/c I don't want to be bulky', that is so much BS. The only way you'll get 'bulky' is by having a caloric surplus. If you keep your calories in a deficit, you will lose weight no matter what.

I used to be an 'only cardio' type of guy. I had gained 35 lbs during college and my wedding was coming up, so I wanted to lose the weight quick. I cut out all sweets and bad carbs and began running 5-6x a week. I dropped the weight super fast, I lost about 30 lbs in 3 months. But my body wasn't where I wanted it to be...I was a little 'skinny fat'. I used to hate lifting weights but then I decided to give it another try in fall of 2013 and fell in love with it. It is also amazing how much easier/funner running is after working out your legs and core for a few months with weight training. I now lift about 3-4x a week and run 2-3x a week and I feel strong and fit. Anyways sorry for rambling on, just wanted to offer my thoughts as I was like you before (only running).

Last edited by coogs08; 01-06-2014 at 02:35 PM..
Appreciate 0