View Single Post
      09-11-2017, 10:43 AM   #44
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT View Post
Have you driven them? Super fun. I've had a 7 series, 5 series, and now 335i full bolt on. Did an extended test drive in an i3 a few years back and bought my wife one this year. I find excuses to drive her car now, and log far less miles in mine. To each his own, but your view (IMO) reflects an antiquated perspective of the future of automobiles. And you can be excited all day about technology and potential performance, but you specifically said the vehicle, not anything new it brings to the table. The thing is hideous. Just sayin.
There's only do much money they can put into R&D. Putting money into developing cars that don't make a profit and sell so few means the cars BMW is known for have less money for R&D and will advance less. The 3 series for decades was best of breed. Now with all the i research its just another car in a group. Sales are slumping too and no wonder. Maybe ev is the future, but its not the now, or the soon. Maybe in 5-10 years after other car makers have plowed the ground, real batteries are developed, charging times and range issues solved, think about them. But just because it's different doesn't mean it's better or the future. There's plenty of gas and climate change hoax is still not showing any tangible evidence after 20 years of bs. But then, that's not PC at the moment to say even if it is reality I guess.
Appreciate 0