View Single Post
      11-15-2008, 10:12 PM   #110
TofuTurkey
Gobble gobbledygook
Rep
Drives: 08 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The__J__Factor View Post
I'm just saying the kid is gonna get a lot of crap his way.
I agree that this should be considered. I think there's a need to distinguish between what we believe is correct, and what others think. Usually there's a trend, a common way of thinking and doing things, and any divergence from that results in the divergent individual having a more difficult time.

For instance, say a politician is a homosexual but has kept that a secret. One day he decides to run for president (no, not suggesting Obama is a homosexual ). He may believe that one's sexuality should not be considered when voting in high office holders, but it may be / is the case that he may not be voted into office if he comes out of the closet. He probably will prioritize his goals and keep his homosexuality a secret, so that his path to the presidency is easier.

Similarly, say there are football players driving gigantic Dodge Rams (ok, most vehicles can be considered gigantic next to Minis ), and they (who think Minis are gay) harass the Mini driver, up till the point where he can't concentrate on his school work (or some other bad thing happens to him). Is the belief that "Minis aren't gay" that important in this instance?

If I am the OP, I'll let my kid know the possible reactions to getting a Mini, and I'll leave it to him to decide for himself..
Appreciate 0