View Single Post
      07-30-2014, 12:18 AM   #9
s14_kev
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, E30 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hujan
Thanks for the replies, guys. Much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-M2 View Post
Does it sound like it's coming from infront of you? Or next/behind you? If it's from the front I would check the air box to make sure it has a tight seal.
Hard to tell, but I believe coming from in front. I will check the airbox to make sure it's tight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylonien View Post
Does it sound anything like this?

Nope. Nothing like that. I sounds a lot like the sound in this video at 0:19:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sered View Post
Mine ended up being my tensioner pulley, it was a little loose. I didn't discover this until I put my blower on, so there's a different kind of whine now haha
Thanks for this. How did you tighten it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin///mlee View Post
It could be low power steering fluid level. I'd try topping it off and see if that helps (you can pick up the Pentosin fluid at Oreilly, AutoZone, etc.).

I had the same sort of noise and that's what it ended up being, unfortunately I don't have a video of the sound. Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by C|3R1C
+1 on this. Pop the cap open when it cold and check the level.
Thanks for commenting guys. Man, I would love for it to be something as simple as that. I don't see anything that appears to be a dipstick for the power steering fluid. How can you tell if it is low? How much is supposed to be in there? Also, do you have a link to the exact fluid I need? Thanks!
http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-56...FQGtaQodSFAAjA

I honestly just eyeballed it. Not sure of the exact amount but it's cheap enough that you could just pick up a bottle and add a little at a time so you don't over fill it. I believe if you over fill it, it will just leak out of the reservoir a little bit. This happens at the track too when the fluid heats up and it is meant to "vent" out this way. I have a microfiber towel ziptied around the cap for this reason. Let us know how it goes!